Remember that half the joy of achievement is in the anticipation.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The "smells" of Autumn...

Being a suburbanite, I don't have the opportunity or "gift" to experience a true change of season. I don't see all those amazing bursts of color from the trees, nor do I feel much of a change in the air (it was 99 degrees today). Yes there is that occasional tree that happens to know it's time to drop a leaf, or two and there are those other suburbanistas who put out their Autumn displays of pumpkins, scarecrows and corn, but it's the smells that remind me that Autumn is honest and truly here...it's always smells that really cause a reaction in me.
SWEET CINNAMON PUMPKIN!!!
Now I know it's really Autumn (lol!)

P.S. Thank you Bath & Body Works! Oh, how I love the seasonal scents. The smell is not to heavy or perfume-y, but be warned, it could stimulate a craving for pie.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I never smelled that sent. Cinnamon is one of my favorites. I like burning my cinnamon yankee candles this time of year.

take care,
Dawn

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I love the smells of Fall too. Our falls here come alte and are short, but I try to decorate for fall and make it alst as long as possible.
I will have to try those sprays! They sound so good!
Have a great day!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

I LOVE the pumpkin smell.....yummy!!!

Michele said...

I love Bath & Body Works...mmmm, I can just smell it now!

Have a great day!
Hugz,
Michele

Kim's Treasures said...

Nice looking bottles! I need to get some of those!

Cottage Rose said...

I love going to Bath and Body Works. They have such great stuff, and the scents. I have not heard of cinnamon pumpkin, I bet is sounds real yummy.

Hug;s
Alaura

Christie said...

Oh, Bath and Body works smells so good...I can imagine how good these smell. I know what you mean about having warm temps. Florida has been quite warm lately too, but not 99 degrees..... Goodness 99 now that's hot! I feel for you. We are getting cooler weather at night this week, here in the Northwest Florida Panhandle. It's been very hot in the day time up until this week. Autumn has finally reached my part of the country...it's usually end of October around here. I'm really glad to feel the cooler weather. It's about time. LOL! Hey at least you've got the smell good from bath and body works to put you in the fall mood! Hey Just turn on the air conditioning full blast and put some body stuff on girl, that'll work.... You'll be in the Autumn spirit in no time! LOL! Have a great week!

xoxo,
Queenie

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I think I can smell them from here!! It's the simplest things that can make such a difference! I picked up a couple of Halloween scented soap dispensers at TJ Maxx, one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen, and I love the smell!... Donna