Remember that half the joy of achievement is in the anticipation.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Midweek Funny...


Sad News.
Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.
Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of
celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs.
Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.
Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was
not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.
Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John
Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He
is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart. The funeral was
held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this has made you smile for even a brief second, then I have risen to the
occasion by sharing this smile with someone else
who may have been having a crumby day and was in knead of a lift.

11 comments:

Dawn said...

That's very funny! What a great way to start the day. I got a rise out of it :)

take care,
Dawn

Meghan said...

This is the best!

Bella Della said...

Very cute. You write about the dough boy and I post today about Little Debbie. Funny!

Anonymous said...

Rechelle, that rose is a Hybrid
Tea Rose named elle. You can find it on Google 'roses' then click on images. So beautiful and hardy too.

Your post definitely made me chuckle. So very cleverly 'done.'

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Rechelle. Now I'm confused. That dough boy died last week and now he's dying again!! lol This is so cute. Have a beautiful day.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Cottage Rose said...

OH My; I love that story, I am laughing can you hear me!!! lol

How cute it is. Thanks for great laugh.

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Makes me want to bake bread. LOL

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Rechelle, I loved it! It was funny and I needed a laugh right about now....
Ann

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rechelle,
That sure did make me smile and a little chuckle too. I haven't read that one:)
Have a good weekend.
Warmly,
Deb

Christie said...

Hey Girl! LOL! This so cute....I loved it! Hope you are having a great night!
xoxo,
Queenie

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Too cute! I'm going to have to pass this one on!

Thanks for the smile this morning!

Have a great weekend!