Remember that half the joy of achievement is in the anticipation.

Friday, October 10, 2008

E-A-T (and got tagged!)


Hi!
I've been busy scoping out new decor and accessories. I can't even begin to tell you how overwhelmed I'm feeling. I don't want to spend to much so I'm really making sure that whatever I choose I better like a whole lot! I'm also finding my creative side. Look what I did! Granted they are not "perfect", but for a "first timer" I'm happy with the way they came out. I really like them. Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should hang them above the window that's over the sink, or if I should hang them over the red shuttered doors that are at the end of the kitchen. Care to share your opinions? Thanks!





Deb, the Garage Sale Gal, tagged me!
It's the fun one. I'm to list 7 things about yourself...random, funny or whatever...Hmmm, let's see...

1. I'm not afraid of spiders. In fact if I see one in my house, I'll rescue it before anyone else sees it, either by picking it right up, letting it crawl on me, or getting a cup and letting it crawl inside. Then I take it outside and deposit it into my front planters. I can't help but wonder how many have come back inside (lol).

2. Even though I was born and raised in the city (suburbs actually), I long for a country home. Somewhere thats quiet. I'd prefer somewhere along the central coast where the pines meet the ocean.

3. I love vegetables and salads.

4. When I was younger I always SWORE I would NEVER, EVER drive a mini van. Guess what. I drive a mini van. LOL!

5. I love dogs and have three right now.

6. I love coffee! I grind my own beans fresh, every day and enjoy two cups every morning.

7. I love classic movies like "Wuthering Heights, The Ghost & Mrs. Muir", and most anything with Gene Kelly.

I know I have to tag others, but I say if you feel like participating and want to share a bit of yourself with us, then please do!

I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day!

8 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Rechelle ~ I love the classic movies too...and Gene Kelly is the best!

Have a great weekend!
Hugz,
Michele

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Rechelle! Love those letters! I've been meaning to try those. And yes you may use my idea, I'm glad you liked it!

Lol, my daughter swears she will never drive a minivan. We always laugh a bit because she may see some day how nice they are with kids!

Have a great day!
Hugs!
Kim

Cottagecheap said...

:D Thanks for visiting and I am glad I am not the only 'spider rescuer' around.

Your "E-A-T" is so cute. I would hang them (with little eyelets) on ribbon and then you can move them around as needed!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I think you did great! They are so cute, I bet they will look wonderful anywhere you decide to put them.

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Ha, Rechelle the spider lover! You're making me feel guilty for the ones I've squashed!

I've actually caught myself eyeing up the station wagons... sigh...
But hey, mini vans and wagons are so good for hauling yard sale goodies, ect!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Rechelle!
That was fun getting to know a little about you! You are so kind to the spidys, much kinder than I am!!
I really like the letters you made. They can spell EAT or TEA, interchangable how clever. I vote for over the red shutter doors, I think they would look fabulous there!
Hugs, Sherry

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Your letters look GREAT....I've been wanting to do that for some time now. I figure by the time I get around to it, they will be in the thrift stores because they won't be in style anymore....rofl.

Dawn said...

Hi Rechelle. I like those letters myself. I keep saying that I am going to try doing something like that and I never do.

I love classic movies too! There is someone wonderful in watching a classic again.

take care,
Dawn