Remember that half the joy of achievement is in the anticipation.

Monday, October 13, 2008

From "inspired" to Reality...Thanks Cindy!

One of my favorite blogs to read is Cindy's "My Romantic Home". Well, a few months back she ventured out and while on one of her adventures, she found one of the most appealing stores. In one of her pictures, there was a door panel and it immediately caught my eye. It was made with a fabric that I had hanging in my living area and it was matched with one of he coordinating fabrics. Why on earth I didn't think of this makes me want to kick my own arse (not an easy feat). You see, I'd been struggling for months and months, trying to decide what I would use on that door. It's not the most attractive of doors, but I would never part with it because it is original to my house, and being that there are not many "originals" left, I'd like to preserve what little is left. Anyway, back to the door. The door is located between my picture window and a smaller window that is in our "dining area". The panels that decorate these windows are from Waverly and called "Pantry Plaid-Crimson". I'd bought a matching panel but returned it because it was just to much. Since that time, I'd not been able to find anything that would blend well with the plaid...Until now. Gotta love, love, love Waverly.


With Cindy's permission, here is her photo that just grabbed me.
What a wonderful room isn't it?

Here's my door...
My stepdaughter's mom made it for me. What's really great is I all ready have the tablecloth that matches the floral fabric. I'm not usually one for matchy matchers, but these are two fabrics I really do like a lot. I think I may need to have hubby set the bottom rod just a tad lower so that the "grate" that is hiding behind that panel is completely obscured. There is a metal grate there because there are three panels of glass on this door. With two young sons and three rather rambunctious canines, I dare not leave the glass unprotected (or the kids and dogs either). Oh, and the clock will be rehung about one to two inches lower as well. It's just here because there was all ready a nail set there and I didn't want to create another hole...lazy me.

So? What do you think? (never mind the holes on the door, you don't see them! You really don't! And you don't see those little boy finger smudges either! They are just figmants of your imagination.)

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, that turned out great! I'm so glad you saw that on my blog!

Krysten said...

OOH I love it. It looks fantastic I am going to steal the idea for one of my doors now.

Michele said...

Hi Rechelle ~ I absolutely love it! It turned out awesome. I love reading Cindy's blog also!

Have a great week,
Hugz,
Michele

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Great Idea and it looks super. It is so fun to find a great ideas and try it on your home.
Warmly,
Deb

Dawn said...

Oh it is very pretty! I clicked on your picture to enlarge and it looks even better. How nice you found the inspiration on a blog.

take care,
Dawn

Liz Harrell said...

That looks awsome! So pretty.

Carrie said...

Very attractive curtain design for the door.

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh how beautiful!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Great door....I love it!!! I'm trying to find some fall/winter curtains for my patio doors....on with the search.....

Neabear said...

Figments of my imagination huh? I hate to tell you this, but if I click on the picture to make it larger, I can see those things. LOL! Seriously, though I love the idea. I could do that for my laundry room door. I hate what is on there now.