Remember that half the joy of achievement is in the anticipation.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oranges Poranges...

I've decided that I want to take the decorating of my kitchen in a more vintage direction. I think it will mesh well with the age of the house and my own preferences. This area was known for it's orange orchards and to this day there are some of the original orange trees still standing and producing fruit. My neighbors have a few :0). Anyway, I found these great crate labels that I thought had great colors and history. They are all authentic and I love the history that is attached to them. I love how well they've aged and even the bit of yellowing that has happened, doesn't deflect from their charm, but adds to it. I'm still not sure how I want to frame them though. Perhaps a white distressed frame on the chunky side...maybe? Hmmm. Ideas?

1 comment:

Anna Marie said...

I love those! I want to do vintage decor in my kitchen as well. I love how you tied that in with the history of your community. Very cool! I can't wait to see it all put together.