Remember that half the joy of achievement is in the anticipation.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Been Tagged. The Bookworm Award...

Bookworm Award

Yahoo, What fun!


Shelia @ Note songs (who's our blogland Sweetie) passed this on over to me. I love these things. I think they're so much fun :0).

Here are the rules:
Pass this on to 5 blogging friends.

Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.
Write out the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that..

Okay, here goes. I was pulling out some Christmas things yesterday and sorting through. Normally I display Christmas themed books and magazines on my coffee & end table during the season. This is from a book called "It came upon a Midnight Clear" which is just a collection of stories. This is from a story called The Teacher by Jude Devereaux

Page 56, 5th sentence...
"When Cole looked at her his eyes were cold. "It doesn't matter to me what you believe. But what I have just told you is the truth". "And I guess there is nothing in this for you," she said, one corner of her mouth tilted up in a smile of disbelief. "You don't get riches beyond belief? You don't get power to control a town full of people? To make their decisions for them? To-"

Okay so now I get to try and pick 5 blogging buddies to pass this on to. This is always the hard part :0).

1. Deb @ Garage Sale Gal
2. Dawn @ Dawn's Daybreak
3. Queenie @ Somewhere in Time
4. Linnea @ Neabear and B-Daddy's Nest
5. Bella @ Bella Della

Thanks for playing along ladies !!!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for passing it one Rechelle. I'll play!!! What fun. I never would have guessed from you you typed that the quote came from a book called "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear!".

take care,
Dawn

joyh82 said...

Fun, fun..love reading. Especially
this time of year when it is getting cold out. It is so fun to snuggle up with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa.

Christie said...

Hey Rechelle!
Thanks for thinking of me for the award and tag. I'll have to admit that I'm far from a bookworm, but I will do a post on this next time I post, I promise. Thanks for thinking of me sweet lady...this post was fun.
xoxo,
Queenie

Anonymous said...

Evening, Rechelle! I'm so glad you've played the game!! That book sounds like a great soap opera!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)