Remember that half the joy of achievement is in the anticipation.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Yummy Banana Bread

With the incredible heat we've been experiencing, the bananas on our counter ripened faster then we could eat them (this was with the a/c on!). I hate to waste food, and although it was pretty warm, I decided to bake some banana bread for my Mr. WHC. Good thing I'm able to close off my kitchen :0)

You'll need to...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees...

Mash 2 1/3 cups of over ripe bananas
set aside...

Cream together
1/2 cup butter & 3/4 cup brown sugar

beat two eggs and then stir together
with creamed sugar/butter
and ripe bananas until well blended.
Set aside...

Mix together
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn baking soda
1 /4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn nutmeg
1 tspn cinnamon...

Stir banana mixture into flour mixture.
Stir just enough to moisten...

Pour batter into prepared 9x5 loaf pan.
(I just use a non stick pan or
non stick cooking spray,
but you can flour your loaf pan)
Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes or until inserted
toothpick/fork prong comes out clean.
Let bread cool in pan
for 10 minutes then turn out
onto wire rack.

Mmmm. ..Enjoy!

Remember, you can add nuts, chips or raisins if you choose. I just didn't have any on hand.

9 comments:

Linda said...

This looks so good, I love banana bread...especially for breakfast, slightly toasted with a dab of butter. Yummy! hugs, Linda

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You have been a busy baker...and I think I'll bake something this week...apple something.
Sorry it's hot there...come visit me..it's perfect here and the leaves are starting to turn.
Warmly,
Deb :)

joyh82 said...

Yeah! I just bought bananna's today!

jen said...

MMM...I have some bananas calling my name, as the fruit flies have moved in!!

Have a great week!

Jen

Dawn said...

Yum! I always say that I am going to do that with my bananas but I never get to it. I love banana bread too (especially with nuts!). Unfortunately it is only me that likes it and I'd end up eating the whole loaf myself!

take care,
Dawn

jeanne said...

Hi Rechelle, Yum, that banana bread looks great. This is the time of year that like to bake and cook. I guess it is part of fall nesting. Since this year I am not recovering from knee replacements I am really in the mood to decorate. I am really ding well. You are always so sweet to ask me.

Now, for the best news. We have picked out a brand new poodle puppy. She was born today. We will get her in November. She is red with a little white patch on her forehead. I will post a photo soon. We are so excited.

Have a great evening.

Hugs...Jeanne

Angie said...

I absolutely LOVE banana bread, but have never made it! Thanks for the recipe!

Darlene said...

I love banana bread and that looks so easy and good!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

This looks super scrumptious, I adore banana bread! (If you've never tried it before, I highly recommend adding some sweetened coconut to the batter one day, it really makes for a lovely flavour combination).

Wishing you a gorgeous day - big hugs,
♥ Jessica