Remember that half the joy of achievement is in the anticipation.

Monday, June 30, 2008

What do you collect?

I've always been a collector. When I was a little girl I used to collect stickers, when I was a teenager, I collected "accessories" and now as an adult my collections lean towards tea cups, crystal & linens. I try to incorporate my collections into my decorating and believe it or not, I actually "use" what I have. Some people think I'm crazy to do that, but what's the point in having a beautiful tea set or vintage tablecloth if you're not going to use it and enjoy it?
Here are some of my latest Ebay and Etsy finds. The cloth on the far left is all hand embroidered and so very pretty. Here's a look at my china hutch. This hutch has been passed down through three generations all ready. I will continue that tradition of course. I think the set on the top shelf is my favorite. When I was a little girl, my mother had the same set and when she passed on, the remaining pieces were given to me. I say remaining because after three major earthquakes all that remained of the original set was one cup, two saucers, the creamer and a cracked sugar bowl. Well, one day while perusing Ebay (one of my fave places!) an "almost" complete set came up for auction with a "buy it now" option. I didn't hesitate and I bought it then and there. The even greater thing was that the set was located in a city just 45 minutes from where I reside. I guess it was meant to be mine.

No comments: